Thursday 5 April 2018

Look for the Magic - Galaxy Box

Hi, my friends!
Don't we all love these moments, when you know exactly what you'd like to do - the idea is just waiting for us to get to the table and start creating? I surely do!

When my "Galaxy Box", which I was making to get ready for my FB Live show - Mixed Media Minutes - was ready I knew I want to turn it into something truly magical!
I love altering books, boxes and creating shrines and shadowboxes, so the idea to follow the "space" theme, and create something matching inside was natural... the only question was... what?
 Luckily, in the set with the stencil, I was using there was my freshly designed set of stamps - with sentiments and astronomy- inspired elements - sketches, schemes, moons and suns in different sizes. The biggest moon was a perfect inspiration - and soon my "magical" shadowbox was ready!
 I took a bit of lace and cheesecloth, Art Basics Black Heavy Gesso and Art Alchemy Paints - and created the background for my moon and the quote which I stamped on a piece of painted paper. I added some pearls and Art Stones to imitate the meteors, planets and cosmic dust... and I looked through my stash to find all the black and shiny elements I could find!
It's a shame you can't show on the photo how shiny and sparkly this box really is - sequins and glitter are never easy to catch on the camera! You have to take my word - it is absolutely beautiful, dark, subtle and magical at the same time!

I put the product links together for you to help you find products I was using for my tiny, "galactic" shadowbox. All links are taken from Mixed Media Place Store, but many products you will be able to get at Michaels Stores (US and Canada only).


Here you can see the outside of the box - and great news it is not only stunning but also not hard to do at all! I planned this project as an introduction to Art Alchemy Opal Magic and Sparks paints as well as experiments with texture - Stone Effect Pastes and my favourite ever: Art Stones and Mini Art Stones.
 You can easily replace Art Alchemy Opal Magic Set - Unicorn from Michaels with single jars of Opal Magics available worldwide: Yellow-Blue and Violet-Green!

Would you like to know how to decorate a box like this, step-by-step? 
No problem! There is a recording of my Mixed Media Minutes FB Live waiting for you here, on my FB Page (don't forget to subscribe t be up to date with the latest news, projects, tutorials and more!) or you can watch the cropped and trimmed video below!



Product list - international version is below!



Don't forget to visit our new page, perfect for those of you, who are starting the mixed-media adventure - it is full of simple videos, tutorials and 101 mixed-media projects
Now you can sign up to the newsletter to make sure you won't miss our new tutorials, promotions and surprises... and if you are US or Canada based you can win a 100$ Gift Card too!

I hope you will enjoy - and don't forget the share the info about the tutorial and www.finnabairatmichaels.com page with your artsy and crafty friends!
Sending all the best wishes to you all

2 comments:

Patti Krauss said...

Loved the video and the box is gorgeous. Can't wait to get my order from Michael's.

Marci said...

Great video. Very clear instructions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...